Two entries are now in!
The theme of this competition is 'Masters of Misconduct', and I want to see how well you can depict a true master of one of three categories; Thievery, Assassination or Piracy. There will be a subscription prize for the winner in each category, and a bonus cross-category prize to the best entry.
You will be competing for these titles:
"The Master Thief" (best entry in Thievery category) --- 3 MONTH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
"Deadliest Assassin" (best entry in Assassination category) --- 3 MONTH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
"Most Plunderous Pirate" (best entry in Piracy category) --- 3 MONTH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
And the coveted "Ultimate Master of Misconduct" (best overall entry) --- 1 YEAR PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
The contest will end on May the 1st. You have right up until the midnight of April 30th (00:00 GMT) to submit your entry, and any entries after this time may not be counted.
- No footpads, petty bandits or amateur buccaneers; I want to see peerless Thieves, Assassins and Pirates who've reached the ultimate mastery of their occupation.
- The subject may be an existing character -- real or fictional -- or one of your own creation.
- Your entry can be digital or traditional, but must be drawn by you. Literary entries are permitted only as supplements alongside your drawing/painting.
- You may enter an existing deviation, but extra credit is given to entries drawn specifically for the contest.
- Entries may only be submitted into one category [e.g. If your entry is Edward Kenway, you must choose to enter into Piracy OR Assassination].
- You may enter multiple categories if you wish to draw more than one entry, but only one entry per category.
- You may use the same character across multiple entries as long as it's a different drawing and they are attributed to the corresponding category within the depiction. [e.g. One drawing of Edward performing an assassination, and one drawing of Edward boarding a ship]
- Your entry doesn't need to be polished or in full colour - you may submit a sketch. Extra credit will be given if the depicted subject is participating in their craft
- The "Ultimate Master of Misconduct" will not by default also win the category prize. There will be 4 winners in total.
Announce your Entry!:
To validate your entry, post a journal of your own to share this contest (it must contain a link to this journal). After that, send me a note containing a link or thumbnail of your entry or entries, clearly stating the category or categories for each. Your note subject should be clearly marked as "CONTEST ENTRY" or something similar. Make sure in your note to include a link to your journal that shares this competition so I can immediately validate your entry.
Tactical Submission: Have an idea so original you don't want to share? Mention in your note if you want your entry to remain hidden until the deadline is reached. Otherwise, your entry will be listed in an "ENTRIES" section of this journal.
DISCLAIMER: Deadline may be extended by my discretion. Entries will be judged objectively by myself, and in any dispute my word will be final.
Examples and Inspiration
Special thanks to Bobstickles for the contest theme idea.